Friday, March 30, 2012

Week 09- Getting close






This week was a little difficult with my degree project. I spent all night one night working on what I thought was a great design for my skin app. But I spent too much time playing around with typefaces, and colors and not flushing out one whole scenario. Given that we have exactly one week before these are due I am a little pressed for time. I have started to flush out my first scenario and will be hopefully done with all 3 by Monday. Through this whole experience I have realized that it is good to have a schedule and outline of how you plan for things to pan out, however you need to be able to flex that schedule while also getting the main parts finished. I think my first thought was is that if I get the branding down first it will be easy to flush out the scenarios and have everything perfected. The truth is that I need to see how they will be placed upon the composition and from there the branding will be flushed out. I have also started to research or take noticed to fashion graphics. To create more of a refined elegant app, I will need to see how other fashion designers accomplish this. What I am afraid of is that this is due in one week, and many fashion graphics include photography, and I dont have any photography so far within my app. I wanted to plan on info graphs, and typography to really guide the app. Perhaps a few images I can try and fit in but I really would like to focus on the content, and I feel like imagery would just be for aesthetic use. I also realized this week why its important to show the whole scenario, and it might be pretty obvious but easy to make this mistake. If you dont have it all the way flushed out it is hard to explain everything that is going on, therefore the feedback you get in class becomes less.




No comments:

Post a Comment